Feral Cats

Feral Cats

Unread postby lazerzap » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:22 am

A few months ago we noticed that a couple of kittens were hanging around the farm. A tabby and totally black kitten. Some people might have decided to terminate them rapidly rather than deal with the issue. Thankfully we have had time to 'tame' them. They now enter the house to obtain food. We can pat them. But they are still very wary of humans. We can pickup the tabby as long as we dont hold her for too long. But the black kitten is much more unsure. If we try to pickup the black kitten it freaks out. I refer to them as feral. But neither of them have attempted to bite or scratch even when being held. We will probably keep the tabby. My own ginger cat has decided to only pay us occasional visits nowadays. We need at least one cat around here to keep the mice down a bit. The black kitten will end up with my X. She has seen the kitten and says she will take it when its ready. Problem is.. With the only real contact being the daily feeds. It's taking some time. Even so. The kittens are becoming calm with us. The black kitten by itself will not be so calm at the X's. But I suppose it will get used to it soon enough. So somehow the end result is that I have swapped a ginger mia feeloader for a fit little stick at home tabby worker. lol
lazerzap
Site Admin

Re: Feral Cats

Unread postby lazerzap » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:50 am

Update:

Ginger cat is still gone. Tabby has gone too. The Black cat still lingers. Still Feeding it. Comes inside at night now to get food and a pat. It kinda likes how humans can scratch it around the neck and ears. I still haven't taken it to the X's. (Obviously..) Still freaks out if I try and pick it up. But eventually the X will end up with it. I'm in no great hurry for that to happen.
lazerzap
Site Admin

Re: Feral Cats

Unread postby lazerzap » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:36 am

Snapped this on my Nokia 6280 a few minutes ago. (So quality is sus..)

He certainly loves a pat..
lazerzap
Site Admin

Return to Lazerzap's General